New members who plan to volunteer will be directed to submit a
background check during their online registration process.
Current members who are new to a volunteer role will need to
first choose your role in the GSOC Opportunity Catalog. To choose
your volunteer role, please do the following:
1. Log in to your Member Community Profile by clicking on
MyGS in the navigation bar at the top of this page (located on the top
right side above, or if on a mobile device click on the three
horizontal bars and scroll down to click on "MyGS".
2. Once logged in, select Add Role button.
3. Type in your Troop number. Use the format
TroopXXXXX. The troop number should be 5 digits with leading
zeros. Example: Troop00002
Note: You may need to change the radius under zip code. It
defaults to 0 miles from your zip code.
4. Select the correct Volunteer role in your troop in the
Search Results. When you select the role it will populate the
area-Your selection for… And hit NEXT
5. Update the contact information if necessary.
6. If the role you have selected requires a background
check, and you do not currently have an active screening result on
file, you will receive instructions on your next step in
completing the screening process. If you currently have an
active screening on file, you will not need to complete another.