New Leader Orientation Training
Adult Training required for all levels of Troop Leaders and Co-Leaders before your first troop meeting.
Prerequisites: Girl Scouting 101 Online! A 45-minute interactive overview of Girl Scouting that is required for all volunteers before starting a volunteer position.
Bring a 3-ring binder for training materials, you will receive:
- New Leader Handbook
- Policies and Standards
- Troop Financial Guidelines
- Volunteer Essentials 2015/2016
By the end of this session, you will be able to:
- Hold a parent meeting and discuss your expectations for the troop
- Communicate with parents for delegation, help, and attendance purposes
- Plan a basic troop meeting, discuss uniforms, girl led learning, sample meeting, and planning for a year
- Understand some of the traditions behind Girl Scouts
- Follow up with your Service Unit team and attend your Service Unit Meetings
- Plan for Product Sales
- Begin to manage your troop finances
- Find and use all the necessary forms for your troop
- Understand your safety requirements and what you as a leader need in order to be compliant with Girl Scouts’ safety standards
- And know your next steps as a Troop Leader
Courtesy: In order to create an effective learning environment for all, our volunteer trainers are unable to accommodate children at this training. Additionally, arriving more than 20 minutes after the start of class may cause you to forfeit credit for this class. Please plan accordingly.
Cancellations: Please email CustomerCare@GirlScoutsOC.org or call 949-461-8851 if you need to cancel, so that we can accurately account for participants.